Wednesday 14 January 2015

Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick #148 Foudroyante

Hello Glamours! 

Over the past few weeks this has been my absolute go to lipstick!


Chanel Rouge Allure Intense Long-Wear Lip Colour in 148 Foudroyante - £26 

I love Chanel lipsticks. Well let's be honest I love anything Chanel! 

I picked this lipstick up a few weeks ago when I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping.  I was instantly drawn to the shade and then when I saw the packaging it was a done deal! 

The lipstick comes in a compact but sturdy bullet in Chanels standard black and gold design.  The lipstick has a sort of "push to open" top - you press down the gold top and out pops the lipstick bullet. I just love the Chanel packaging <3 


"Rouge Allure offers a radiant and satiny makeup result with optimum hold, in an ultra-smooth, melt away texture". 

The shade I have is #148 Foudroyante which is a deep brown/mauve  - think Kylie Jenner but darker.  The colour is just beautiful and I feel it would compliment any skin tone. I used Mac Whirl lip liner to line my lips before applying this which goes perfectly. 

The texture of this lipstick is exactly as the description says - ultra-smooth - it applies to the lips literally like silk and feels super creamy/non-drying on the lips. The colour pay off is pretty good too - I like two swipes for a real deepened colour. 

Without flash(excuse the dodgy tan):

With flash:

The only downside of this lipstick I felt was its staying power. I wore this on a shopping trip to Bristol and I needed to re-apply every hour as the colour just seemed to totally disappear off my lips. I'm usually used to wearing matte lipsticks such as Mac's Velvet Teddy and Rimmel Kate Moss #107, which practically stain your lips so I may just not be used to the buttery/creamy wear of a satin lipstick.  To be honest though as I love the colour so much I didn't mind having to keep re-applying. 

The Rouge Allure range come in a total of 24 shades and are available from Debenhams or Boots. I will definitely be trying out a couple of their brighter shades as we head into Spring/Summer! 

Here's a picture of me wearing the lipstick: 

What's your favourite lipstick at the moment? Let me know on Twitter and Instagram - @sophiebeynon 

XOXO Sophie 



No comments:

Post a Comment