Monday 5 January 2015

The £4 Naked 3 Dupe

Hello Glamours <3 

I hope your all having a lovely start to the New Year!

Today I have for you my first review/dupe find and trust me it's a good 'un you wouldn't want to miss!

Make up Revolution is a makeup brand I hadn't previously tried but since it burst onto the beauty scene in 2014 I've heard nothing but people singing its praises.  So when I received a bundle of their products off my friend for Christmas I couldn't contain my excitement. 


Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic 3 - £4 superdrug or makeuprevolutionstore.com

The minute I opened this palette it instantly reminded me of the Urban Decay Naked 3, with its rose gold tones and shimmery finishes.  

So, let's start with the packaging, like most drugstore products the palette is made from a relatively sturdy black plastic with a duel end sponge applicator - nothing special but for £4 who can complain?!  My biggest downfall of the packaging is there's no mirror, but hey ho! 

The palette contains twelve shadows of a wide range of colours and texture - a highlight, mattes for the transition shade and darks for the crease.  When I held this nexxt to the Naked 3 palette it is practically identical- so at this point I was feeling pretty impressed.


In the Iconic 3 palette you get 1.3g of each shadow - total 15.6g - compared to the Naked 3 being a total of 14g - bonus!! 

**Please excuse my first attempt at swatches I seem to have a problem keeping them in a straight line ha ha!




When I first swatched the Iconic 3 I was very impressed! The colours were almost identical to the Naked 3 and the pigment seemed amazing. They have the same buttery texture of Urban Decay shadows and even the same matte and shimmer finishes.

I applied the Makeup Revolution shadows over the Urban Decay Primer Potion, initially I found they took a bit of building to get a really bold colour payoff rather than having a wash of colour. These were super blendable and easy to apply - not powdery at all and considering how shimmery these are there was no fall out (hallelujah!!!). Bellow is a picture of the Iconic 3 on 


Overall, when applied to the eye the Iconic 3 needed more building of the colour than the Naked 3 but for £4 I am so so impressed with this palette I definetly will be trying more of the Makeup Revoloution palettes! I would highly recommend this if you cannot justify forking out £37 for the Naked palettes.

Have you tried the Iconic 3? 

XOXO Sophie 


1 comment:

  1. Great review and post!
    You have a lovely blog.
    :)

    x Melvina
    melvinaduka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete