Tuesday 19 May 2015

London: My First Weekend

As you probably know on the 25th April I went to London for two weeks to attend the London School of Makeup. I was very lucky that my cousins have a flat in Kings Cross, which they weren't using for the two weeks so I was able to stay there.  My parents drove me up on the Saturday and stayed a night to get me all settled in. 



This was what I wore to travel up to London, I wanted to be casual and comfy but still stylish.  I wore my ASOS Ridley skinny jeans which are the most flattering and comfy jeans I've ever owned, This ASOS black vest top, an oversized cardigan and fedora from Primark, my Nike Air Max Thea's and Michael Kors  handbag. 

We arrived in London at around 2.30pm dumped all my stuff at the flat and headed straight out for a drink. A few people had recommended going down to Canary Warf for the bars and atmosphere so that's where we went.
I had never been before and was slightly disappointed with the area, I was left feeling a bit like 'is this it?'. I'm not sure if we maybe didn't explore enough - the weather turned grey and cold just as we arrived - or if this just isn't the area for bars with lots of atmosphere. 

Canary Warf with Mum. 

After Canary Warf we headed to Covent Garden, which is a safe bet for bars and restaurants. At first I wanted to eat at the Big Easy but with it being a Saturday night and we hadn't booked so there wasn't a table until 10.45pm (sob!), so the Big Easy is still on my 'places to eat in London' list.  

Once in Covent Garden we headed to Tutton's, which is on Russell Street, and is a gorgeous bar and restaurant I discovered when I was last in London which was last July.  The bar is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine or two, I've never eaten in the restaurant but I've heard pretty good things about it. 

We then headed to Leicester Square for another glass of wine and eventually ended up in another favourite spot for dinner. L'ulivo is a traditional family run Italian on Villiers Street, this is about the third time I've been here in the past few years and I always have a gorgeous meal. You can tell everything is made from scratch and is authentic Italian food. 


We shared a few starters including calamari and cheesy mushrooms, then it was Pizza's for my parents and spinach and ricotta cannelloni for me with a side of fries to share - it was delicious. 


To well and truly finish off the night we ended up in Häagen-Dazs. I had a scoop of baileys and a scoop of chocolate praline with the crunchy nuts on top....heaven!! However not so heavenly for the waistline. 

My half eaten, quick snap while heading for the tube! 

The following day we ventured out to find the school so I would know exactly where I was going on the Monday morning - I am not the best with directions -  and it took us all of 2 minutes to find. The school is on Johns Prince's street which is literally just off Oxford Street and is in the most central perfect location - opposite BHS for anyone familiar with the area.



Over the next week or so I will be writing a bit of a London 'series' rather than cramming it all into one giant, hard to read post. Hope you've enjoyed more of a lifestyle post from me today, they are something I want to continue to blog in the future. 

Where are your favourite places to eat in London? Share your favourites with me on Instagram and Twitter, I'd love to hear from you!

Chat to me on Twitter - Here 
Follow me on Instgram - Here 

XOXO Sophie 









No comments:

Post a Comment