Sunday 19 July 2015

IMATS Haul

Sorry its taken me so long to get my IMATS haul up, I've had a crazy busy week and just struggled to get round to photographing all my goodies!

This was my first time attending IMATS and it didn't disappoint at all.  I'd heard mixed reviews on the event so was a bit nervous that it wouldnt live up to the expectations I had.  However I loved every minute of my day, I went to the show with my Mum and we arrived at 10am and didn't leave until 4.30pm - we would of happily stayed longer but coulnt risk spending any more money!  I will include some pictures I took throughout the day on my iPhone at the end.

*sorry about the quality of some of these images I think I had the focus off :( 




The first stall I visited was Crown Brush, having read all about their brushes online I couldn't resist stocking up.  The choice was insane and I literally didn't know where to start.  I ended up getting nine various different brushes and a pack of their makeup remover wipes as I had forgotten my eye makeup remover for the weekend.  I cannot remember the price of each individual brush but they were priced between £2-£9 and the wipes were £4.



I haven't tried any of the brushes yet, I will post a review once I have, however I have tried the makeup wipes and to be honest I wasn't wowed at all by these.  I am not a makeup wipes kinda girl at all but whilst in makeup school I picked up a pack of the Boots sensitive face wipes and found they were far more effective at removing makeup than these ones. 



I am obsessed with Nicole Guierro so had to pick up a pair of the 'Doll Me Up' lashes from Velour as she always looks so amazing in them.  On the Velour Lashes stall they had the gorgeous Nadosh from MakeupbyNadoosh on hand to fit and apply the lashes for you which I thought was a awesome touch to the stall. I'm now regretting not picking up a pair of 'Wispie Sweet Nothings'.




At the Guru makeup stand I picked up the renowned Ben Nye Banana powder. I have wanted this for literally years so couldn't leave it behind. They had various different shades of the powder which I was tempted by but I ended up leaving with just the Banana shade. I also picked up the beauty blender mini solid cleanser to clean my blender. 



The queue's for Sigma and NYX were unreal, I kept walking away thinking it must go down at some point but nope it only got bigger!  I decided to brave the Sigma queue fist as I wasn't that desperate to go to NYX and I ended up queueing for well over an hour but I was worth it. 



I picked up the LA Girl Pro Coneal in Light Ivory and Beautiful Bronze as I was in the market for a new cream contour. I decided on these concealers as they seem to be another cult favourite, Carli Bybel loves them and they are so cheap! 



I also picked up the Milani Baked Bronzer in 04 Glow and the Baked Blusher in 03 Berry Amore which I am obsessed with and I definitely want to get my hands on a few more shades.  The final item I picked up was the Sigma Shimmer Cream in Superb, this was a total impulse buy as they were reduced to £3 (I think!) and I cannot walk away from anything rose gold. 



Bottom to Top - Milani baked blush, Milani baked bronzer and Sigma shimmer cream 


I don't know if I've been living under a rock but I had never heard of Makeup Studio before IMATS, and oh my god I've been missing out!! First of all I have to say how lovely the girls were who were working on the stand, they were so friendly and happy to answer any question - plus all of their makeup was INSANE! 




L-R

picked up the colour pigment in Copper, an eyeshadow lumiere in Ivory Gold which I think will be perfect as a highlighter too and a blusher lumiere in True Terra, the lumiere range is like a baked powder, and a lipstick in shade 27. The girl who served me recommended buying the refill blush and eyeshadow as it worked out way cheaper so I also picked up a  small refill box to keep the two in. 

I'm a bit of a magpie to anything sparkly so I couldn't walk past the Eye Kandy Cosmetics stall with out stopping to take a look. The lady on the counter demonstrated how these glitters work and once I saw them applied to the skin I couldn't walk away without any. I got their kit which included a 1oz bottle of cosmetic adhesive (which gives 400 applications), a choice of 3 glitters and a mini application brush - I went for a gold, a limited edition rose gold colour and a turquoise.  Basically to use these you dip the brush into the liquid adhesive then into the pot of loose glitter then apply how and where you wish. They dry almost instantly and are removed with one swipe of a makeup wipe with absolutely no mess! 





The last thing I picked up was a lipstick from Inglot, I wanted something a little different so opted for #161 which is a shimmery gold shade which I think will be prefect for when the sun is shining. 





Here are some pictures I snapped on my iPhone whilst at IMATS! 









Chat to me on Twitter - Here 
Follow me on Instgram - Here 
Follow me on bloglovin too :) 


I hope you enjoyed reading about what I picked up at IMATS! Have you tried any of these products? 

XOXO Sophie 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment