Thursday 30 July 2015

July Favorites

I know its cliche to say but I cannot believe we are almost in August?! And in typical British weather fashion we have had hardly any nice weather - I am literally counting down the weeks until I head to Ibiza.

So today I thought I'd share with you what I have been loving for the month of July.



Dr. Lewinns Renunail Nourishing Oil - £11.00

Before I went to Marbella In June I had acrylic nails put on (see post Here) and since have been getting infills to keep them up.  On my first appointment at the salon, the nail technician was horrified by the condition of my cuticles - I have an awful habit of picking them. So she made me promise to give up this habit and start using a nail oil everyday which I have been doing since June.  I will be doing a more in-depth post on my nail care soon but I had to include this Renunail nourishing oil as it has completely transformed my nails.  My cuticle beds are no longer dry and sore but instead healthy looking and moisturised.


Lush Tea Tree Water - £ 7.95

The last few weeks I have been getting a couple of breakout's on my cheeks and T-zone area, which for me luckily is quite rare, and I have been reaching for my Lush tea tree water to tone my face.  I have quite dry sensitive skin so most spot treatments I find to drying and harsh for my skin, but I love this toner.  Its ultra refreshing on the skin, leaving it feeling cool and cleansed - there is no strong chemical smell and it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight like most blemish control toners.  I've been using this twice a day, morning and night, spritzed onto a cotton pad which I swipe over my face.  It's helped to reduce the redness of my blemishes, given me a glow to the skin and so far I haven't had any further breakouts.


Benefit Roller Lash - £19.50

As you probably know from previous posts I am a loyal, to the grave fan of the Maybelline False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara, I have been for years and I have never found one that has lived up to it.  That was until I had a sample of the Benefit Roller Lash a few months ago and now there is a pretty close contender!  When this mascara launched I'll be honest, I wasn't itching to rush out and try this and if it wasn't for the fact I had a free sample I probably still wouldn't have tried it to this day.  I think this was because I have never been impressed with Benefit mascara before - I must have been the only person in the world who bought the renowned 'They're Real!' mascara and absolutely hate it.  They're Real! did nothing for my lashes at all it didn't hold the curl and I found it transferred under my eye leaving me looking like a panda.  So I had pretty much zero hope for Roller Lash but oh my gosh I have never been so wrong.  I love this mascara! It holds the curl of my lashes, some days I don't even need to curl them which is major for me as I have poker straight lashes, it makes them look super long and thick!!  The only negative with this is that I find it can be a little clumpy and it never completely dries - I don't know if this is just for me but if I touch my lashes throughout the day they have a sticky feel to them?! But anyway I think I've worn this mascara pretty much everyday this month.


Gerard Cosmetics BB Plus Illumination Creme - £22.50
Essence All About..Sunrise Eye Shadow Palette - £3.49 in Wilkinson's (Not Online)

This month I have been completely bathing myself in highlighter.  I love to having glowing/dewy skin all year round but I like to step up my highlighter game during the Summer to get that extreme Jaclyn Hill glow - her highlighter collab with Becca is the next product I'm splashing out on!  I've been mixing a few pumps of the Gerard Cosmetics illuminator in with my foundation for an all over glow then dabbing some extra onto my cheekbones and brow bone before I set with powder.

A bit of a random one but I have also been loving using the Essence Sunrise eye shadow palette as a highlighter this month.  I picked this palette up last year when Essence first launched in Wilkinson's as I am obsessed with shimmery coppers and golds on the eyes during the Summer.  The pigment and finish of these is so impressive considering the palette only costs £3.49 but unfortunately every time I wear these on my eyes I get a really bad reaction.  They make my eyes itchy and stream with tears - I do have sensitive eyes so this is not uncommon for me!  I'd actually put this in my makeup drawer and forgot I even owned it until I had a clear out at the end of June.  I decided to have one last try to see if it still irritated my eyes, which it did, but I also placed some of the cream pearly shade under my brow bone, in the tear duct and down the bridge of my nose and loved the way it looked, so I added some to my cheekbones and it has been love ever since!


Prison Break Season 1-4  - £21.87

Oh my god I do not know how I have never seen this before considering it first aired in 2005?!  For the last two weeks, I have watched episodes back to back every evening - I look forward too it all day in work lol!  I have currently just finished season 1 and just started on season 2.  I wont include any spoilers but this is an American series based on two brothers who are both in the same prison.  It has so many twists and turns you will be on the edge of your seat all night!
Currently Sky On Demand have the complete collection (season 1-4) available to download and watch for free, it is also on Netflix but I have also found the complete box set on Amazon for just £21!


Trey Songz - Trigga Reloaded - £9.99

I have had this album on repeat for the last month and I cannot get enough of it.  It has even replaced my obsession with Chris Brown and Tyga's Fan of a Fan album.  I am obssessed with Trey Songz voice and their isn't one song that I don't like on the album.  If you like R&B I'd definitely give this album a listen.


Chat to me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram

XOXO Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment